Valley of Fire State Park Adventure Tour
$169.00 Per Person · Approx. 6 hrs
- Take an adventure to the Valley of Fire—Nevada’s first (and largest) state park.
- Drive through the Mojave Desert and learn about its history, ecology, and geology.
- Visit Rainbow Vista for jaw-dropping views of White Dome and winding canyon walls.
- Check out Atlatl Rock, which features mysterious petroglyphs from ancient times.
- Stop by The Cabins, home to weary travellers in the ‘30s, and to some amazing photo ops.
- Take in the rock formations at White Dome. You’ve probably only seen them in movies before now!
- Snap a picture of the aptly named Elephant Rock, an incredible sandstone rock formation.
- Tour the Visitor Center, full of fascinating exhibits, and pick up a souvenir at the gift shop.
- Door-to-door luxury with free hotel pickup and drop-off
- Artisan sandwich lunch with homemade chips, seasonal fruit or vegetable and fresh baked cookie
- Parking and admission fees (included in tour price)
- Luxurious Tour Trekker where everyone rides first class
- Personally guided and narrated tour with our highly-trained, entertaining adventure guides
- Unlimited complimentary bottled water
- Small groups providing a tailored, memorable experience
- Collapsible wheelchairs acceptable when accompanied by another adult.
- Nevada law requires children to be properly secured in a car seat until they are at least 6 years old and 60 lbs.
- No children under 3 will be permitted on tour.
- Price excludes 3% transportation recovery fee (required by Nevada Transportation Authority)
Enjoy our signature Tour Trekker as it picks you up from your Las Vegas hotel. Drive off in comfort and luxury through the Mojave Desert. Your professional tour guide narrates the history, ecology, and geology of this desert landscape as you rapidly approach Valley of Fire State Park.
Once at the park, there’s no time to lose. To the north is Rainbow Vista. This lookout boasts amazing views of the White Dome and Duck Rock. Rainbow Vista showcases its own admirable canyons, domes, towers, ridges and valleys carved from sand deposited over 150 million years ago. This landmark is a true contrast to the red sandstone landscape found at Valley of Fire. The surface of Rainbow Vista shows off a range of yellows, gold, and reds mixed as if stirred together.
Atlatl Rock stands to the west of Valley of Fire State Park. This sandstone rock was named after a throwing stick or dart thrower used by ancient tribes that gave more force behind their launched darts and spears. Atlatl is famous for its outstanding petroglyphs. What do these images mean? This artwork has yet to be deciphered by anthologists and archaeologists.
The Cabins are the Valley of Fire’s manmade treasure. The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built these two rock cabins in the 1930s by using native sandstone. The Cabins were designed to shelter weary travelers, so take a rest and enjoy the astounding sights of the park. You’re sitting at one of the best photography spots at Valley of Fire, so grab your camera and capture this marvelous landscape.
Stop and eat lunch with us at White Dome. White Dome provides incredible views of the colorful rock formations at Valley of Fire. How many movies were filmed along this breathtaking region? The list can be found on a sign along the way. White Dome features an incredible slot canyon that is 75 feet high. Twist and turn with the natural grooves and curves where entrance and exit can never be seen at the same time.
It’s easy to see how Elephant Rock earned its name. It’s easy to see how Elephant Rock earned its name. Professional photographers and tourists alike enjoy taking pictures of this red sandstone character rock.
Before heading back to the glitter of Vegas, your tour makes a final stop at the Visitor Center. Discover several fascinating exhibits on the geology, ecology and history of Valley of Fire. Pop into the gift shop for postcards, books and film souvenirs that will last as timeless reminders of your adventure at Valley of Fire.
My favourite so far. I have toured in several countries and your operation and Bill Sterling were exceptional Niels and Lin Ladysmith, BC Canada
Niels, 13 Apr 2017
Fun and informative
Paul, 09 Apr 2017
The tour and guide wre outstanding. Thanks Fotis for a fun adventure filled, informative day. This was our secon tour with Pink Jerp Äºused Pink Jerp on Sedona) and once again they exceeded expwctations.
Bruce, 26 Mar 2017
I had an absolute blast on the valley of fire tour. I'm not much of a rock person, but the second I got there I was amazed. From the moment I saw our guide Bill and the bright pink vehical I started toget more excited. As Bill talked about some of the sights that we would see I was hooked. Bill answered every question we asked and always had an answer within seconds (even the ones we thought we might stump him on), he was personable, kind, made sure we were taken care of...
Jenna, 26 Dec 2016
The tour was awesome
Carl, 11 Nov 2016
Tour was excellent. Perfect length and breathtaking. scenery
Samantha, 08 Nov 2016
It was better than expected and Bill was the best guide anyone could ask for - he cared that we enjoyed our tour and was passionate about giving us the best experience we could have!
Samuel, 31 Oct 2016
Bill was great.. We had a group of 8 plus two folks we met from Holland. Bill did a fantastic job of explaining the area, kept the tour going and was a lot of fun to travel with. If anyone is looking for a really cool tour this is the one to take.
Steve, 14 Oct 2016
We were a party of six and a total group of 10. Bill made everyone feel at ease right form the beginning and it wasn't long until everyone was interacting together. Bill sensed that and let the group intermix without interfering. The VOF tour itself was all it was advertised to be. Was able to see many big horn sheep and quail up close. All in all it was a fun and educational trip.
Mark, 28 Sep 2016
The tour was awesome. Bill made us feel right at home and nothing was too much trouble. I would definitely recommend this tour.
Jenny, 24 Sep 2016
The tour was fantastic! I would love to do more in the Valley of Fires & even others. Bill was a charming, friendly, informative & funny guide. Loved my tour & wish I was in Vegas for longer to do more of your tours.
Denise, 24 Sep 2016
Great tour ... didn't waste time with loading large group on and off large buses. Terrific knowledgeable guide. Felt like I had a personal tour.
Robert, 19 Sep 2016